Post it notes!
How It Works:
· In pairs Pupils are given 16 post-it notes and asked to arrange into a 4x4 grid on the table in front of them.
· Pupils then use text books, prior knowledge and class books to help them add one topic related key word to each post-it note.
· Pupils then either add definitions to their own key words or swap with another pair and add definitions to their key words.
· Pupils are then asked to rearrange their own grid so that posit notes beside each other link.
· Pupils are then asked to rearrange their grid so that the post-it either side and above and below all link.
· Pupils could then move round the class to see if they can make further links with another groups set of post-it notes.
· Finally key word-links can then be used to complete an exam question or piece of writing.
- Alternatively students could move round to another groups post-it notes and add notes in a different coloured pen to explain links.
Labels: Active learning, AfL, assessment for learning, evaluation, pair work, thinking skills