- Here is an editable Facebook template link by @russeltarr.
- You can easily download/edit/print screen a Twitter/Instagram/Snap Chat template from Google Images.
- Try this website Fake Text here.
What to do:
You can use these activities as exit passes or as ways to summarise the learning your students have undertaken in a simplified manner.
- Create a display board out of the tweets written?
- Create a class hashtag? Share important information? E.G #RevisionIdeas15
- Draw images to represent learning via the Instagram statuses.
- Get students to take over the 'class' Instagram account and share pictures of their learning for a week?
- Put yourself in other peoples shoes and imagine what they would tweet/post/share?
- Use the Facebook profiles to demonstrate connections between famous/important figures across a variety of subjects.
- Snapchat homework/controlled assessment tasks and set expiry times based on deadlines.
Ask students to create their own social media platform? Ask them how it can benefit their learning?
- Read this blog post here by @lakogan about how to use Snap Chat in education!
- Here is a post- 50 ways to use Twitter in the classroom!
- Does using social media actually improve grades- see here!
|Image from http://mastersineducation.org/infographic-how-to-get-better-grades-through-social-media/|
Labels: plenary, technology