Grammar Pop

Resources:

Lyrics of popular songs

What to do:

This idea is having listened to +Stephen Lockyer at #TMLondon! See here for the videos www.bit.ly/tmlondonaali.

The idea suggested is to get students to correct the grammatical mistakes in everyday pop songs! 

How simple! Yet, really effective!

For example: 
Students will need to add punctuation, remove any slang, and improve the word choices!


This hit

That ice cold
Michelle Pfeiffer
That white gold
This one for them hood girls
Them good girls
Straight masterpieces
Stylin' while in
Livin' it up in the city
Got Chucks on with Saint Laurent
Gotta kiss myself I'm so pretty
I'm too hot (hot damn)
Called a police and a fireman
I'm too hot (hot damn)
Make a dragon wanna retire, man
I'm too hot (hot damn)
Say my name you know who I am
I'm too hot (hot damn)
Am I bad 'bout that money
Break it down

Variations:

Ask students to sing/perform their improved grammatically correct songs!
For PE- print the transcript of an interview and ask students to correct it?




@ASTsupportAAli @mrlockyer version 1 of #grammarpop -looking at changing layout 2morrow 2 turn from 'poetry' to prose pic.twitter.com/qewzpDrPIU
— Laura Braun (@Braunteaches) April 28, 2015

Labels: , ,