A syllabus sheet?
A letter template here
What to do:
This post is inspired after a brief chat with @Marcus_Leach about his idea of angry revision letters. I have adapted what he shared with me slightly!
The idea is to get students to write themselves revision letters.
In their letters they must include all specialist language/key dates/subject specific terminology and so on...
However... (cross curricular links) The letter could be....
- A complaint
- A thank you
- A letter from an expert diagnosing a condition
- A congratulations/winners letter
Once written, collect these letters in and post them home in a couple of weeks. Ask students to then respond to their letters as homework?
Ask the students to consider their writing, is it formal or informal?
- Students could create letter heads to include images that can prompt their revision.
- Also create signatures/emails to remember useful links/websites?
- Include a tear off slip to get students to complete revision tasks?
|Not my letter- found on Google!|
Labels: Literacy, revision, student engagement