What to do:
This activity was inspired by a senior leaders briefing I attended on the new SEND Code of Practice. The presenter, a HeadTeacher challenged to us to learning challenges to demonstrate to our students that we are learners too!
So why not try the following...
- Learn all the states in America
- Learn all the teams in a league of some sort- Premier League?
- Learn all breeds of a certain type of animal
- Learn all the member states of the United Nations
- Remember all the winners of the Oscars
When you complete your learning challenge successfully...
- Talk about how you completed your learning- what worked/helped and how.
- Reference your sources of help? What you did to go about your learning?
Ask students to set you a challenge in return for a challenge?
Labels: Independent learning, memory techniques, Project Based Learning