Some question grids/prompts.
What to do:
- Students are organised into groups and given a topic. (Max. of 5 students in a group.)
- They are then given various sources to prepare their 'market stall.' (Textbooks, computer/tablet, information sheets, exercise books, teacher?)
- The task they are given for their 'market stall' is up to you; students can for example create a poster using no more than 20 words and 5 pictures. Or create a mind map, or an identity-scape.
- Once the allocated time is up (15 minutes max.) Students should then nominate a researcher to go round to the other stalls to go and gather answers.
- The remaining group members become the experts and must answer the questions of the other researchers.
- Once the allocated time is up again, (10 minutes max.) The researchers come back and help the experts fill in the gaps in their worksheets by teaching them.
Labels: Active learning, group work, Independent learning